Well, I haven't done one of these in a long time. Dare I hope life might be taking a turn towards normals ville? Time will tell.
Design wall #1.
This is a baby quilt for a friend, Mary's, daughter, who is due in like 2 weeks. I used to work with Mary and in e-mails she asked if I could make a quilt (of course). I sent a few pictures of other baby quilts I've made.
I was leaning towards this one.
We had lunch a few weeks ago. Her daughter didn't pick this pattern (oh drat!)
All Squared Up which is from Quilt Sampler magazine Spring/Summer 2007 is the one she liked and she wanted it made in purples and greens.
Of course, my first thought was 'holy crap that's gonna be weird' mainly because it's not a color combo I would use. HA!
(sure I'll make you a quilt....a quilt I want to make in colors I like....)
am I the only one who thinks these things
The greens are yardage I bought, the purples are from an Island Batik jelly roll I just got on a whim last month; yeah for compulsive buying!
I intend to finish putting the outer border on today. I did get the inner purple border on last night. I have a lot of the green fabric leftover so I'm thinking I will use it to make a funky pieced backing for it.
My other design wall has my Bunny Hill BOM waiting for the fused border appliques to be blanket stitched, may or may not happen this week. I'm not liking the idea of machine bl. stitching with the top all together, I'm thinking it's going to be awkward-only way to assemble tho' with the birds and stars going through all the borders like that.
REALLY like the colors in this one-right up my alley as they say.
Visit other design walls by checking out Judy's blog here.
15 comments:
Hooray for normalsville! The baby quilt is very pretty, but I have to agree with you...if you want me to make you a quilt, it will be my pattern/color choice!
I love the green and purple together.
Please explain what is normal? I keep looking for it but it's an elusive little bugger!
Ditto what Susan said. I had to go back and reread to realize the purples and greens were for a baby quilt. Yikes. Pretty but so not baby. Too sophisticated if you ask me. Ah well. Whip it out and send it away! Move on to what you like. B.
Baby quilt very cute. I probably wouldn't have picked the colors either but I really like the way it turned out.
Well this is twice in the last 2 days that I have landed on your blog while just surfing around, so I've become a follower. After reading your last post about exercising, I felt motivated to at least pull my gym clothes out of the closet and put them on the bed this morning which is closer than I get to exercising most days. I love the baby quilt and great Halloween quilt, too.
Isn't just funny all the specific requests we get for quilts sometimes??!!! Love your design wall quilts!!! Especially, HWs!!!!! Darling baby quilt.
Love your quilts pictured. And gifts come from the heart so what you make is really secondary in my book. I do love the purple and green combo...
Your Bunny Hill BOM is turning out great.
Glad things are returning to normal.
Terrific projects. I love the purples and greens.
Oh your Henreitta Whiskers quilt is WONDERFUL!!! I'm also making one, just finished hand-appliquing the last block and will work on getting the borders ready soon. Congratulations!
I have never made a quilt where someone told me what they wanted but the one I gave DS#2 & wife, they like the scrappy backing best (front was pieced blocks, drunkers path sashing and applique border).
I love your Henrietta. I havent' finished my blocks but will probably set it differently. I was really bummed when she said she wasn't going to do another BOM, I have done her last three.
Your Henreitta Whiskers quilt is WONderful! I am also making this quilt and have just finished the last block. I'll be looking for the perfect border for it. Good job!
I love the purple and green quilt, although it doesn't seem like a "baby" quilt to me. It is challenging to sew with colours outside of our preferred colour range...for sure!
Henrietta is adorable and I wish I would have started that one too!
I always like that color group! Your Bunny Hill BOM is so neat!
Quilting by the River
Love your HW! The colours are fabulous, especially the borders - really ties it all together.♥
Post a Comment