Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Almost another finish...

I quilted a free hand all-over swirly feathery flowery design, just winged it.  I figured the top is so busy doing something like feathers would just be a waste of time. 
I like it.
Morris (A 2010 Bl-a-Day quilt) 68 x 78

The back

 I spent about 20 stressed out minutes looking EVERYWHERE for the binding for this quilt.  I had it in my notes that I had made the binding, but where oh where could it be. It wasn't anywhere it "should" be but things have been moved around so much in the deconstruction/renovations that I was just looking in every drawer.  And then it hit me. Oh Ya, I took off that outside border and I had made the binding with the same fabric...and there it was sitting in a little heap on a shelf in the closet with the border pieces.   
So I found fabric that would work and made new binding and was getting ready to sew it on




 when I realized I didn't have a label made. So that's why I'm at the computer now, to make a label. I figured I have time for a little post before Paul gets home and it's time to do the dinner making thing.  yuk~!


I'm starting to think it's time to make some more Quilts for Kids donation quilts.  I quietly told myself at the beginning of the year that I would like to make 1 a month.  But I just made a bunch at the beginning of the year (5 or 6) and mailed them in and then got distracted with other things. It's time to get crackin' on those again...soon.




I've started humming Christmas carols....
I know it's horrible, but I have a good reason.  In between binding searching, and binding making and deciding on the borders for H. Whiskers'


(I still have to prep the final appliques for the borders)


I loaded my Merry Christmas Sampler top! 
It's a block-a-day quilt too and this one is for our bed during the holidays, It's also on my 2011 Goals list.
I'm going to do feathers on it, of course I am, what else would I want to do.  :)


(80 x 80)


Well, dang, hubby's home gotta go cook something scrumptious!


Fun times, fun times ....Life is Good!











4 comments:

Cathy said...

I am in love with every single one of the samplers you have done with those block a days. I'm glad I'm not the only one who puts things away, and then can't remember where they've been put.

Desley said...

I like your swirly feathery flowery freehand quilting.

Mary said...

Glad to see you close to a finish. Those last little details...binding, labels,cooking dinner for hubby...chan trip us up every time!

Linda said...

Just beautiful all over quilting!! Merry Christmas Sampler is BEAUTIFUL!!