I received this sweet tiny quilt from Susan.
The quilt is perfect.
My picture is crooked and doesn't do her workmanship justice.
I have it hanging in the dining area of our kitchen-perfect.
Of course, holding this in my hands made me want to make one too.
(WHY DO I DO THAT?)
And I can because Susan also shared how she made it!
******
I've been doodling Zentangles I've occasionally read blog posts from others who do this and for a long while I've been intrigued but afraid to try.
I'm not a "real" artist, ya' know. (WHY DO I DO THAT?)
I started while watching TV. At first I stressed about them, I still am, but not as much and dang I'm starting to enjoy them.
I think this is proof I have a 'feather problem'. They seem to turn up everywhere.
4 comments:
Aren't quilting friends the best! Some day I've got to study up on zentangles.
Look like a great project to test out your fab ideas!! They look great. I have been doodling ideas myself but haven't tried them out, By the way, I have a baby quilt a customer dropped off and it has a few Minke squares in it. Have you tried long arming over Minke, I think I am going to avoid them and have her hand stitch somethink in them.... Ideas?
Your zentangles look great - and I always seem to have feathers in my too :) Addictive little things aren't they?
Those doodles are way beyond the definition of doodles. Are you planning on adapting some of them for quilting?
Post a Comment