I'm making slow progress on the center medallion. I fused all the pieces on this using Heat n Bond Lite. The long skinny curvy stems are regular bias tape pieces which I just pinned in place and then blanket stitched. I have worked on them every evening and now have the green stems and leaves done and the first of the flowers done.
I've also pieced 4 block a days that are really blocks from last summers local Shop Hop quilt. I replace what I consider 'dumb' block a day blocks from the calendar with these...hehehe.
Oh I like these.
And my 16/8 blocks are growing and out of control! This is the final layout. I'm serious.-several family members will be smacking me if I dare to change or heaven forbid make the thing bigger.
5 comments:
They are all great. The applique medallion is really impressive. If your family is like mine, their eyes tend to glaze over when ever I say the word "quilt."
It's fabulous Diane, just fabulous! I seriously can't wait to see it with the blocks.
Also love you dumb block replacements and the 16/8--tell the family members to leave you alone and let you design! :)
I love the colours in your four new blocks
Busy, Busy girl...you've gotten lots done and it's all looking great! I really like your replacement blocks!
Don't you just love it when a quilt takes on a life of it's own, and just keeps telling you it wants to keep growing? The 16/8 looks great. I have my centre medallion all fused down, but still not stitched. Realistically, it probably won't get done until the last minute before the whole quilt goes together
Post a Comment