Friday, October 16, 2009

My quilt entry

Today is the last day to enter a quilt in Amy's on-line festival at Parkcitygirl
My quilt is this one:
The pattern, Ships in the Night is from McCall's Quilting October 2005 issue, designed by Kelly Corbridge. I had always wanted to make on Ocean waves quilt. I used all solid "Amish" colors from my stash for this quilt and I used the product 'triangles on a roll' to make the 485 1/2 square triangles. It finished 68" x 82". I started this quilt in October of 2005, according to my notes that I keep, probably right after I got the magazine. But I didn't quilt it until March of this year. The feathers I used in the outside border are from the book Hooked on Feathers by Sally Terry. This was the 1st quilt I used them on. I think it turned out pretty nice.

8 comments:

Marika said...

The cheerful qult is very beautiful.

linda said...

don't you just love triangle papers?!

Zonnah said...

I love it and now I want to make one :)

Lonci said...

Fabulous:)

Angie in SoCal said...

Your quilt is stunning and so is your quilting. I love all your quilts. Congrats on your first place!

QuiltSue said...

What a dramatic quilt. I love the quilting too.

Anonymous said...

WOW!!! It's a BEAUTY! : ) I LOVE Amish quilts and I also happen to LOVE the Ocean Waves pattern. Your quilted feathers are AWESOME!!! Especially for a first time, my goodness!!! Thanks for sharing.

quiltmom anna said...

Diane, Your quilt is stunning- I love the bright color choices and the movement in your quilt.
Thanks for sharing your beautiful piece.
Warmest regards.
Anna