Tuesday, October 27, 2009

A few fall quilts

I've always taken pictures of my finished quilts. I'm getting close to 200 quilts in my 20+ years of quilting. (I'm counting everything here--anything quilted).  And I'll bet there are only 1 or 2 that I didn't snap a photo of.   Now before our house joined the digital camera age, and that was only a few years ago; I would take some pictures of a completed quilt with my 35mm, have to wait until they were developed and then sometimes the results weren't so hot and I'd either say 'oh well' or do it over again. How wonderful it is to take a picture and get to immediately delete a bad shot.  I have 2 photo albums with all my quilts and a little description along with each quilt.  But now I'm trying to get them all in the computer.  I've tried scanning them in but they are so grainy I've never been happy with the results and I don't know if it's my pictures, my scanner, my computer....and frankly I don't have the patience to figure it out.  So what I've been doing is as the seasons change and I rotate the quilts I'm taking new pictures,  I thought I'd just post a little fall quilt show here. I think most were made in the last 8-10 years. This first one is a Little Quilts design.  I think is was called For the Bears.



All the little triangle squares that were cut off from the flying geese on the pumpkin runner I used in the pinwheels topper.  I just couldn't throw them away.


This is from Little Quilts. It's one of my favorite quilts. The colors in the photo are a little washed out.

This is a Pat Sloan "tall and skinny"

This is a Little Quilt as well.


This is a Thimbleberries design. 
I could look at quilts all day.  Not just mine, anybody's!  But I think it's time to start this day.  I'm taking my in-laws to a doctor appointment this afternoon.  I have twin nieces who are graduating from high school in the spring.  They are both excellent swimmers. Their mom gave me all their swimming t-shirts.  They would like quilts.  Just "generous twin-size".  Their mom doesn't want a traditional t-shirt quilt. She's thinking something that looks more like a collage. That's a good thing since there are 2 boxes for each girl and 50+ t-shirts each.  (They've been swimming since birth, well not quite but dang early).  I want these done before Christmas.  I'm very bad at putting projects like this off.  

1 comment:

Judy D in WA said...

Thanks for the quilt show. What a great idea...I never thought to take pictures again of the old quilts. One of those Duh moments for me. ;-)
I sure hope you are feeling better.