Sunday, August 18, 2013

Aster Manor is quilted (bad weather and bad timing) so no finished photos yet...this week...
After taking it off HQ I made the binding and sewed it and the label on! whew!  
I even have about 24 inches of the binding hand sewn to the back.  
The label says "finished August 2013" so I better get busy. :)

A couple weeks ago I had been looking over my 2013 goals--it's starting to look like I won't get everything done again. 
One of the things was to finish the two embroidery pieces I have.
They've been sitting on top of my bookcase next to HQ all year, well at least since maybe March (?)
They caught my eye and before I had time to overthink anything I loaded them and got them quilted.


Now they're pinned to the 2nd design wall.  
Wonder how long they'll stay there!

I'm finishing up an adorable quilt for Libby and then my signature quilt goes on HQ.
I really like how it turned out. I'm going to quilt all over feathers on it.
The pattern is Basic Math by Debbie Grifka
The layer cake I used is from French General, but I can't remember the line right now.





2 comments:

QuiltSue said...

I'll look forward to seeing Aster Manor in all it's glory, but your stitcheries are great as is your signature quilt, so I reckon that no matter what your 2013 goals list tells you, you're really doing brilliantly.

Lynn said...

Your 2013 goals are just ideas for what you'd like to get done, right? Besides, you have a few months to finish things.

Basic Math is a cute quilt. Can't wait to see Astor Manor.