Monday, June 11, 2012

DWMonday

My design wall is the same.  This is what it looks like when I'm piecing leftover batting together.  I got the bag out and started sewing just for my OB Wonder top and then it becomes like a game of how can I get these pieces to fit.  Then I get bored and  feel like I've wasted time.  I made a good dent with the big leftover pieces but I still have a pile of small pieces that would be better left alone until a little project comes along, which I'm sure will be soon.



First of all, I did get a script for the poison ivy and it has helped a lot, between Prednisone, liquid Benadryl and spray benadryl I was able to deal with the itch until is subsided.  
This past weekend was a bike trip!  fun-fun.

1st fuel/rest stop in Ohio
That's our bike on the left.  We went to Put-in-Bay Ohio


The weather was great.  We stayed in Port Clinton and took the Ferry's to the Island.

 Friday we rented a golf cart and toured around then on Saturday we took a different ferry with our bikes. They were parked mostly since we had brunch and then walked all around, looked in the shops, sat on a covered porch and had smoothies and relaxed. Oh my it was so lovely.  Saturday afternoon we had dinner    on the covered deck of a restaurant on one of the Marina's.  I'm not a big seafood person, but I had fresh yellow perch.  I have been trying to remember a better meal.  It was delicious.  I was so relaxed I could have melted into the chair.  
Um, and all I drink is water and iced tea. 
No alcohol was required.

I did spy a quilt shop and we stopped in.
I enjoyed talking to the owner, who was working on a customer quilt. She was doing a panto and once again I'm thinking I really need to take some time (when?) and learn to use them. 
The guys were interested in the Gammill for about 3 minutes and then they just sat in the chairs and enjoyed the AC.  I bought a Schnibbles pattern "George" and a FQ bundle of Bar Harbor fabric (Minick and Simpson). 
We got home Sunday in the early afternoon and although I was doing laundry and getting everything ready for the week, we really tried to maintain the relaxation mode for the rest of the day.

ah.  
yea for summer.

















6 comments:

Judy D in WA said...

I play the batting puzzle game too. It's like making a scrap quilt...what goes where. LOL
What a fabulous weekend!

Darlene said...

A beautiful week end, indeed!

Lynn said...

Sounds like a great weekend. How fun to find a new quilt shop.

Quilter Kathy said...

I know what you mean about using up the batting bits...feels like a waste of sewing time, but you sure feel great when you clear out the space and use it up!

Mary said...

Every once in a while I have to tackle my batting scraps too. It feels so good to use it up and make space.

Lori said...

Wow! After reading your description I could sink in my chair too! Those are the best days-ones we really remember for a long time.