Monday, October 24, 2011

Family Weekend


This past weekend hubby and I went to visit Paul.
 It was family weekend at The Mount.
We had a wonderful time, good food, inspired worship, lovely fall views of the mountains, getting to meet and talk with other parents, seminarians and faculty.

 I can show no pictures because I forgot to take my camera.  
I will blame my forgetting on the fact that while I was getting ready to leave on Friday morning-going back and forth from the bathroom to our bedroom to pack the items I was done with...make up etc. I went too fast, miscalculating where the bedroom door was (heh-heh) and walking into the door jamb and in cartoonishly slow fashion fell through the door way.  
I really only hurt my little baby toe, which got hooked somehow.  
It is broken.  
It hurt like heck hell. 
 It is a lovely Halloween purple-y color. 
(how seasonal of me-no?)


Hoping to be able to hobble along and get some quilting done today.

fun times, fun times. Life is Good!







7 comments:

Judy D in WA said...

Oh no, not the toe! Hope your pride is ok too. ;0) Sounds like a nice visit with Paul.
Your little wall hanging is going to be adorable!

Denise :) said...

Oh Diane, I winced at your account of your poor little toe breaking! Ouch!! I hope you're feeling better, it heals quickly, and it doesn't impede your sewing today! :)

Kathy Schwartz said...

Ouch! Sorry to hear about your broken toe, hope it heals quickly.

Cathy said...

OWWWWEEEEEE!!!!! I bet you couldn't do it again, if you tried. Not that you'd want to, of course. I'm glad you were able to enjoy your weekend, even with a broken toe.

Mary said...

Oh...I do hope your toe is better soon...how miserable. Love your little wall hanging and so glad you enjoyed your visit.

Lynn said...

cute wallhanging. Hope your toe is feeling better.

Joan said...

Feel better soon ... I am always tripping on things - second nature for my DH to tell me to watch where I am walking :) Toes can really hurt.